Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Release Day Review ~ Sure Thing ~ Jana Aston (@JanaAston) #2017NewRelease

Sure ThingSure Thing by Jana Aston
Release Date: October 10, 2017
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance, Romantic Comedy
Source: I received an ARC from the author which had no influence on my rating and my review is provided voluntarily. I also purchased my own copy on Kindle. 
Rating: 4.5 Bookworms
Challenges: #2017NewRelease
Goodreads

Synopsis
Have you ever set out to have a one night stand with a sexy stranger?
No? I'm the only one?
Just kidding, I would never.
Ever.
Not usually.

But then I figured, why not? My entire life I've been good and it's gotten me nowhere.
No job.
No apartment.
No boyfriend.

I'm owed a little fun, aren't I? A reward for being good.
Sure, a new pair of shoes would be more appropriate, by Mr. Sexy Stranger is more appealing. And when he speaks - in that British accent - it's a done deal. Every American woman has a hot British guy fantasy. Well, most do. I haven't taken a poll or anything, but I'm pretty sure it's a fact.

Except...
You know that saying about best-laid plans?
Good, because I don't either, but I assume they go awry.
Like my one night stand...




Omigosh! Sure Thing was a proper bit of fun (said with a British accent)! Aston combines a twin-switcheroo, an awkward Anglophile of a girl, and a sexy British man and it all combined for a genuinely captivating story!

Violet (aka Daisy) is a bit down on her luck. She lost her job, her boyfriend, and her home in one fell swoop. In an attempt to get her groove back, she's reluctantly agreed to switch places with her twin at her job as a tour guide for a week AND she's decided to have a one night stand. Her one night stand just happens to be British, can turn her on by simply uttering any British expression...oh, and he just happens to be booked on her tour.

Jennings is immediately smitten with this girl who shyly smiled at him in the hotel bar before brazenly declaring she was a "sure thing". The chemistry between them exploded so he's thrilled she's going to be his guide for the next week.

Violet/Daisy, endeared herself to me, and Jennings, right off the bat. As Jennings said, she has no game, and the things that come out of her mouth. I was giggle-snorting! And they shouldn't have been so endearing but she's such a rule-follower, planner, and is in way over her head. She's just so darn cute!

Jennings - well, he's not only British and finds Violet/Daisy adorable. He also is on vacation with his Nan. He was batting 500 with just those attributes. ;) Then there's the fact he's handsome, has a magic mouth (according to Violet), and *gasp* he listened to her. It was obviously about more than sex for him.

Of course, it's not all roses. There's the fact Violet isn't Daisy although Jennings thinks she is, and he has a secret of his own. It all added up to such a fun and entertaining read. Aston seems to have a knack for romantic comedy and I'm eager to see what comes next. *cough* Daisy *cough*




No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??