Thursday, November 2, 2017

That's What HE Said #77 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #69 ~ Ride Steady ~ Kristen Ashley



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.


My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

Ride Steady by Kristen Ashley
I re-read Joker and Carissa's story in my quest for reading KA's books in the order she recommends. I loved them just as much as I did the first time. Maybe more. :)

***


"I don't know where this will lead," he stated. "You and me and your boy. I know what we got. I know I like what we got. I know I wanna keep that strong and make it stronger. Shit happens. I hope like fuck it happens to us, we'll fight through to the other side. But I know this and you gotta know it too. No matter what happens, I will never, not ever, not fuckin' ever, Carissa, regret ridin' down that shoulder to help you and your boy. It's the best decision I ever made in my life, and I know that in a way I know I'll feel that until the day I fuckin' die."

***


I love this exchange between Carissa and Joker. And it gave me a hankering for some chili, too. :)

"Do you like chili?"
"Yeah."
"Chili," I declared and started to grab cans of beans.
"You know, a list helps," he remarked.
"I have a mental list," I told him, tossing kidney beans in the cart and going back for black.
"Was chili on it?" he asked.
I looked at him. "Don't you want chili?"
"What I want is not to wander every aisle so we're here for an hour rather than bein' here for twenty minutes gettin' shit from a list."
"If I stick to a list, inspiration can't strike, like the fact I suddenly have a craving for chili," I told him.

He shook his head, grinning and muttering, "Whatever."
He wasn't annoyed.
He was easy.
So I turned back and grabbed black beans. Then I got some chili beans. I finished up with pinto.
Four-bean chili. The best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??