Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Release Day Review ~ Passion Rising ~ JA Huss & Johnathan McClain (@JAHuss, @MisterJMcClain) #2018NewRelease

Passion Rising (Original Sin, #4)Passion Rising by JA Huss & Johnathan McClain
Original Sin Series #4
Release Date: May 8, 2018
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance, Romantic Suspense
Source: I received an eARC from the authors. This did not affect my rating and I voluntarily provided a review.
Rating: 4 Bookworms
Challenges: #2018NewRelease
Goodreads ~ Amazon

Synopsis
Old demons are back.

Maddie's dealing with the fallout of her choices. Safety and happiness are relative, elusive things she's desperate to have. But they will forever remain out of reach until the demons of her past are laid to rest.

Tyler's mistakes resurface to haunt him and he's just beginning to understand that money can't fix a broken relationship. He must open his heart and search for answers he'd rather not find.

She wants peace in a world made of chaos. 

He wants to rid himself of a lifetime of guilt.

They're soul mates, but that's no guarantee.

They'll need to rely on each other to find their happily ever after.

Because the fight never ends - it just gets easier with someone at your side.




Wow. Passion Rising was honestly the perfect ending for this series as well as the perfect way to wrap up Huss & McClain's first foray into being writing partners.

Passion Rising did a one-eighty and went from being more action to more...cerebral. And that wasn't a bad thing. At least not for me. It made me stop and think - really examine the story as a whole. And I appreciated that. Maddie and Tyler have been through so much in their young lives. Things that would have broken lesser individuals. But while they were both damaged, the each continued getting up each day, putting one foot in front of the other because they felt there had to be something more. They've been through quite a lot since they reconnected as well. They were both in very dark places and I don't know why they had to experience even more "bad" together except to say that it couldn't have worked in any other way. They've endured tragedy before but in experiencing it together they realized that together is better...or at least makes handling it easier. And in each other - or maybe simply with each other - they found what they needed to fill in the cracks of their damaged selves and they maybe, just might have found purpose...which is something I think we all long for.

See? Cerebral. But don't worry. It wasn't all contemplating life's purpose, love, etc. There was an injection of suspense as well as plenty of steam. But again, Passion Rising made me take a stap back and look at the entire picture of Maddie and Tyler's story...put all the pieces together...and I was just pleased as punch with how it all came together.

As a sort of an aside, going into this book as a longtime fan of Huss, I think I had certain preconceived notions of what I'd get from this series despite her partnering with McClain. Passion Rising pushed home the point that this series is not a Huss book, it's a Huss-McClain book and therefore I got something a little different. And I must admit to enjoying the experience. I look forward to seeing what these two come up with next.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??